Sorry for the super-late meeting report and thanks Peter for the notes. We discussed:
The Urban Cycleways Programme cycling improvements for the Hutt Road, CBD, and Eastern suburbs
- work done so far by ‘working group’ of stakeholders including resident and business associations
- plan to look at routes first (demand, feasibility etc) and then later what type of infrastructure
- consultation coming up in late April – and new staff joining the cycling team at WCC to improve the consultation process
- overall options the council looked at and why this was the only feasible high-level option
- the good and bad in the proposal
- work done so far by ‘working group’ of stakeholders including resident and business associations – only as far as important destinations and journeys – no routes picked yet.
Bike Film Festival
Planned by Ngā Taonga for April: http://www.ngataonga.org.nz/about/news/nzbff with special panel session after Bikes Vs Cars.
Planning for the AGM
AGM Tuesday 3 May at our normal meeting place/time, 6pm at Sustainability Trust. We need a new Treasurer (well before the AGM) and other committee roles will be up for grabs too.
WCC will talk us through their Eastern cycleways consultation after the AGM part of the meeting.
Regional groups presented stories, progress and ideas they had encountered. Cycling NZ came along and presented about some of their programmes such as a new one training people to bunch ride safely. They are keen to have a wider role than high performance sport. Good preso from NZTA about the Urban Cycleways Programme.
Winter is coming
We shared tips for safe and comfy cycling when commutes get get dark and wet. Great lights are getting cheaper – worth an upgrade even if yours are not terrible.