- Meeting with WCC: cycling team is currently working through NZTA procedures to get Urban Cycleway Programme funding for projects. Planning for the northern route (Thorndon – Ngauranga) is well advanced. CAW will be represented on stakeholder working groups.
- Submissions on speed reductions went well. There is wide support for lower speeds.
- Via Strada cycle design course. A good way to find out what traffic engineers know about cycling.
- CAN Do, Hamilton, 19-20 March 2016. Subsidies may be available from CAW/CAN. CAW will be hosting the 2017 CAN Do.
- Roll on Wellington Awards will be presented at December meeting: online nomination and voting will be available soon. We brainstormed possible nominations: Aurecon, Bikes in Schools, Switched on Bikes…
- Summer riding plans included Tour Aotearoa, Mystic Portal, and a fixie ride around Taupo.
- Patrick told us about the Iran stage of his long bike ride, watch for the next installment.