- Tawa/Johnsonville cycling improvements. There’s now an uphill shared path bypassing roundabouts in Johnsonville, and new bike lanes before and after intersections in Tawa.
- Island Bay Cycleway construction has started. Discussed how to encourage new cyclists.
- SH2/SH58 intersection includes cycle bypass, indicating a change of thinking in NZTA.
- Andy Foster updated us on cycling developments. Working through process to gain UCP funding for priority routes: Eastern from Miramar, CBD routes, and Northern route. Bikes in Schools programme will be expanded.
- CAW website: has been moved and combined with Cycling in Wellington blog.
- CAN branding: national organisation has tweaked name to “Cycling Action Network” and is adopting new branding, logos etc. May be time for CAW to look at its branding.
- Roll on Wellington awards will be presented at 1 December meeting. James and Ruben will organise.
- Miramar Ciclovia being organised for 14 February.
- Go by Bike Day will be 10 February.
- Rants and raves included better behaviour on Hutt Road, improved luggage systems for touring, Victoria Street, daylight saving, cycling/motoring concerns in Whitemans Valley.