Join the lovely Round the Bays ride that leaves every Tues @ 5:30 from outside Freyberg Pool beginning today (September 28th) with Daylight Savings.
This is a ride for beginners. All riders are welcome for socializing and support, but this is an easy, beginner, getting-used-to-road-biking ride. You’ll learn how to ride in traffic, how to use your gears, how to ride in a group (don’t worry, we stay way behind each other) and other skills, in a very non-competitive and supportive environment.
Meet at Freyberg Pool and ride out from Oriental Bay to Lyall Bay and return through Kilbirnie and back around Oriental Bay – approximately 25kms, flat but can be windy. There are several options for turnaround points, but as the days get longer and lighter we will aim to make the longer Bays ride that goes up Owhiro Bay Road and back down Brooklyn Hill – approximately 35kms, as a goal to work towards and to test our legs.
- Heavy rain (and sometimes wind) cancels all scheduled rides. Cancellation notice will be emailed to the Tuesday Night Women’s Ride list two hours prior to the scheduled start time.
- For your safety and the safety of those around you, headphones are not permitted on the Tuesday Night Women’s Rides.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Cycling helmet (required)
- Lights (front and back) for the first few weeks
- Water, Ride food / snacks and a little cash for the road
- Portable bike tools, tire levers, spare tube, and patch kit
(Ride leaders will have a pump, if you do not have one)
- ID card, emergency contact information, cell phone
- You and your bike (in safe working condition)
Ride contact details:
Marilyn Northcotte 027 538 5885 or email@example.com
Melissa Sims 027 231 4351 or firstname.lastname@example.org